Home Stay Experience in Japan

 from left to the right, my house family ~ Takanishi san, Fernanda the brasilian girl as my housemate too, Sitori san doctor of animal in kou shou doe animal hospital, and Takanishi's wife, Amy-san. 
Hajimemashite~ Vet team from Kou Shou Doe animal hospital. The lady next right beside me in the picture is Junko san. she is Sitori's wife. they both have the same proffesion as a Vet physician wuhuu~ and two other is young doctor also their partnerwork

End up of this programme I have a big canche to get more knowledge about japanese culture and talk a lot with japanese citizens. This is one kind of chalenging momment for me, because not all family can use english well. For the beginning I'm afraid also worry at the same time if I couldn't understand what they say. I'm a beginner and my Japanese language was so bad. I only took three weeks for learn it during this programme and now this is like the appropriate time to practice it little by little. However, as we met each other at the first time, I have a good first impression to them. I hope that I have a nice time and can get my quality weekend in this last programme momment.
My host family were very kind, they were Takanishi-san, Amy-san, Izumi-chan and Mika-chan. Izumi-chan is the elder sister and now she is in the first year college student in Kyoto. Takanishi-san and Amy-san were so kind and good couple. For the first visit, they invite me and my Brazilian friend, Fernanda to Aizumi-cho historical museum in Tokushima prefecture. There we make art painting on cloth with blue liquid made from plants. Me and my brazilian friend, Fernanda create a different pattern designs. Art of dyeing fabrics using a dark blue color. We plunge the fabric several times with a different technique to make a different designs. We let the fabric submerged for one minute, then removed, squeezed and let it for 1 minute then exposed to wind, back up to four repetitions. After dipping and then the cloth was rinsed with clean water, the greenish color then changed into blue. After that, dry the cloth in the washing machine, after it quite dry and certainly there is no more water, ironing the fabric on the board to be more smooth and neat. Bravo! fabric pattern has been finished and is now with a unique design and attractive.
After introducing us to the Japanese art of dyeing fabric, then they took us to look around Aizumicho Historical museum. Shown us the shape of old buildings and the history of the origin of manufacture of blue liquid that is used to make cloth painting. Dye used came from the Indigo plant and it has a lot of benefits such as bactericidal, sedative, to prevent skin roughness and poor blood circulation, and also keep poisonous snakes away. They are introducing a lot of messages of Japanese culture and local wisdom in utilizing its natural resources into art that is worth selling. What a new experiences were very pleasant.
After playing with the art of dyeing fabrics, they invited me and Fernanda buy groceries for dinner and breakfast in Marunaka. Takanishi san is a good men also father who is humorous and happy to talk even though he was relying on his translator application but he tried hard to keep in good communication. Very friendly. At night we had dinner together in the dining room, with Amy-san and also they daughter Mika-chan. We talked a lot about our families in each country. I talk about my family hobby enthusiast with outdoor activity, talk about my college in Indonesia and my passion in the veterinary field. We were also talk about the various food in Indonesia and my favorite foods in Japan. The talks were warm and very makes me excited because I can share the story of my own country.
The next day is no less exciting because Takanishi-san invited me and Fernanda for eating icecream together in Miccu Ice Cream. Milky Ice Cream, fresh from the farm. What a delicious ! Takanishi-san also told me that he has a good closefriend who is the director of Animal Hospital in Kou Shou Dou. It’s my pleasure that he allowed me to meet his friend. His friend, Satori-san is a Veterinarian too and what amaze that they really happy can visited by SS student who has major in Vet student and that is me. Also satori-san introduce me to his wife, Junko-san. They both were Veterinarian. What a great chance for me to know them at that awesome short quality time. Takanisi-san also allowed me to stay at the hospital and feelin excited with all the difference technology that used compare in my country. Then they just let me at the hospital and they leave me to go to the shrine.
In the hospital, lucky me that Junko-san and Satori-san allowed me to entrance surgical room and see the surgical caesarean in a dog, as they know that I’m a Vet student and also already have any experience in surgical. They worried if I scare with blood, but I don’t. Satori’s wife, Junko-san, is very expert at surgical and she did it. Congratulations! The Dog now became a mommy and the puppies were all alive, they are four female and one male. What a nice experience that I can met them and talk a lot about Vet proffesion in Japan. They also invite me to Sanuki City to show me the horse riding place in Kagawa Prefecture. I met so many horse and they allowed me to feeding the horse, I’m really happy. After that, they took me back to Takanishi-san, we make a group picture together and feeling like what a good momment with them ! I’m so lucky that my host family really kind and also have a good network with Veterinarian. So I can also talk a lot and ask everything with them. Hopefully someday I can come back again to Japan and met them with safe and healthy. 


September 17-18 th 2016

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Studi di Thailand part 2 : Pembuatan SKCK

Mengapa stainless steel dan aluminium tidak mudah berkarat?

Studi di Thailand : Persiapan Keberangkatan Part 1